Thursday, May 1, 2008

THE BEGINNING

My adventure with hybrid scrapbooking began five years ago in 2003. I was a 53 year old single Mom struggling financially and emotionally. The question that haunted me was: "How can I make a positive difference in the lives of my sons that will continue on when I'm gone?" It occurred to me that the one precious thing I had to offer was my unique memories. Their Dad died that year, so the pressure to share these memories rested on my shoulders. More than just memories, I wanted to share feelings; to help them understand their own self worth, sense of identity, and individuality.

4 comments:

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Hey there... I found you via SparkPeople I think... we just vacationed in Boise in June to visit friends! We love the area and I posted a ton of pic's and LOs both here on Blogger and in my Spark Gallery of our trip there! We love the Saturday Market downtown... and the girls love the fountain!

Anyway - just wanted to say hello!
~Karrilee~

Cherie said...

Hi! linked to you via Sparkpeople as well. Loved seeing photos of your scrapebook pages, they are lovely. I'm just beginning to learn to scrapebook myself but I think once I learn the basics I'll get the confidence to just go for it. Happy Scrapebooking to You!
Cherie

Anonymous said...

I love what you have to say about preserving memories and what you are doing for your sons. They will really appreciate all your efforts later. Vi

MiniCooper452 said...

This is really lovely Rose. Thanks for sharing your story and pages.
Coop